venerdì 21 giugno 2013

[ENG] Show your feet!



Hello beauties!


Summer is approaching and we’re starting to wear open-toe shoes, sandals, maybe walking barefoot on the border of a pool, at the seaside or in a park… And we want to show pretty, polished feet with soft, healthy-looking skin, but if you don’t want to spend money to get your pedicure done in a salon or you simply want a relaxing moment all for yourself, keep reading and I’ll show you how I do it at home.

Of course everyone does it differently, maybe using different tools and products or following a different order, but these are the steps that I find work best for me… So let’s get started!




Soak

The first thing I do, after gathering everything I need and a towel, is filling a bowl of warm water (or better during summer lukewarm or fresh water) and add a handful of coarse salt or a bath bomb like Onda verde or Big Blue, anything containing salt that softens the skin and stimulates blood circulation too. Now that is all ready it’s time to seat on the couch and soak my feet into it. Let it sink for about 10 minutes while a read a book or watch the TV. This step is important to soften the calluses and prepare for the next step.


Scrub (with a tool)                                                                                                                    

It’s pumice stone’s turn: I usually wet it, because I think it’s more effective that way, and then I declare war to the calluses and dry patches… yeeeew! The stone in the pic is from Sephora.


Scrub (with a product)

I go and reach the tub, because this is rather messy. I scrub (again) with Lush Stepping Stone, that has be used on wet feet using a light pressure and circular motions: it’s scrubby, hydrating plus it has an amazing zesty smell! Rinse alternating warm water and cool water for the blood circulation. In-between pedicures I use the Le Couvent de Minimes scrub on dry feet to maintain the softness of the skin.



*Scrub
When I need a little extra something and the situation is out of control, I use a foot mask from Lush Volcano, which has a bunch of superpowerful ingredients to soften and energize tired and dry feet! After soaking my feet, I apply a layer of product, cover with plastic wrap and I wait for 10-15 minutes. You feel a tingling and cooling sensation, but don't worry they're the ingredients working their magic! Then I reach the tub, moisten the product a little bit and rub it in and voilà! Light, perfumed and smooth feet!


Push back the cuticles

Using an orange wood stick, I gently push back my cuticles while they’re still soft.


Trim

Personally, I like to use a nail clipper and I don’t file my toe nails, if not to smooth out any ridges. I keep them quite short, but length is a matter of preference.


Nourish

It’s time for hydration! I put on Lush Lemony Flutter, which is my favourite cuticle butter at the moment, or an oil (like the Burt’s Bees Lemon Oil), then I apply body lotion (Lush CocoLotion, Lavera lotions…) on the rest of my feet and massage in. I find that body lotions work as well as specific feet creams Burt’s Bees Coconut Foot Crème, maybe better. If I want a cooling effect I add a couple of drops of peppermint oil.



Get your socks on!

Usually, I have my “pedi ritual” moment at night, so I can put on a pair of socks and let the hydrating ingredients soak in for a while (or even all night during winter!).


Extra step

You can use an anti-cellulite gel, a leg cream or a cooling spray on your legs for a refreshing sensation.


Here’s some colour!

Finally I paint my nails!

I will have two posts on toe nails colours, one on classic hues and one on a brighter and more fun tones as well.

My only advice at this step is to be extra careful because drying time, at least on me, is little longer than on finger nails, so it’s extremely important to use a fast drying top coat like Out of the Door or Insta-Dry.



So there you have soft and polished feet to show all summer long!

I hope this was helpful and don’t forget to check the next posts to take a look at different colour options.


Thank you so much for reading,

Take care and see you next time!

Gra

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Sentitevi libere/i di lasciare tutti i commenti che volete, mi piace leggerli e conoscervi attraverso i vostri gusti e le vostre opinioni.
Vi chiedo, però, di non postare commenti spam (come link a giveaway, all'ultimo post, ecc...) e per favore, cercate di non chiedermi il sub4sub: non preoccupatevi, se mi piace il vostro blog mi iscrivo a prescindere dal fatto che voi siate iscritte/i al mio se non vi piace ;)

Feel free to leave comments, indeed I really like reading them and learn your opinions and preferences.
But please don't spam and don' ask the sub4sub: don't worry, If I like your blog be more than certain that I'll add to my GFC and/or Bloglovin', even if you're not following me (if you don't want to)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...